Your local directory of services and events
Distributed FREE into 10’000 local homes and businesses every month, 12 months of the year
Leaflet Distribution available
Flexible payment plans
Design Print and Distribute packages available at reduced rates
monthly puzzles and competitions
The Small magazine with the BIG personality
Advertorial and regular sponsor features available
would you like your local business to win? why not give us a ring?
”The Cryer is the best local magazine, I got many students from advertising in Decembers edition, thank you Angie” – Gina, Spanish North East.
”We always know when the Cryer has been distributed, because our phone never stops ringing”- Lyn Beddy Buys, Amble.
”A great local platform for Businesses Sevices and Events in the local area” – Sara Eke Recruitment.
So that’s Easter over and we are all back to school and work! Don’t panic though, we’ve got not one, but two Bank holidays to look forward to this month. Let’s hope it’s another scorcher like last year.
On the 19th in aid of the NSPCC there is the beautiful Bluebell Walk; this is a rare opportunity to visit both the Crag and Ratcheugh Observatory which are not usually open to the public. You can enjoy a leisurely stroll with fantastic views of the countryside, Alnwick Castle and the coast. Check out our What’s On section for the starting location. All donations welcome and go direct to the NSPCC.
It’s also time for the Puffin Festival in Amble again from the 25th-27th, which always promises to be a lot of fun for the family, with many market stalls, plenty of live entertainment and lots to keep the littlies busy. There are several nature walks, historical talks and readings, something to interest everyone. And of course the boat tours around Coquet Island to see the puffins themselves. You can test your puffin knowledge with our puffin themed quiz this month. – No Cheating!!
We’ve tried a change of layout this month too. We have grouped some of our advertisers/trades together to make it easier for you to find what you are looking for. Take a look and see what you think – we always appreciate our readers’ and advertisers’ feedback. Also check out our Facebook page and tell us what you like about our magazine, and anything you would like to see more of. We would love to hear from you all.
Have a lovely May!Download Issue Advertising Leaflet
How We Work
Our local directory of services and events is distributed within the first week every month, 12 months of the year
10,000 Copies Distributed
Free – 1 per month to the following locations
Alnwick, Amble, Alnmouth, Boulmer, Foxton, Hipsburn, Lesbury, Longhoughton, Rennington, Shilbottle, Warkworth, Felton, Newton On The Moore and Swarland
10 good reasons
to advertise in TheCryer
- It works – we know this because many advertisers tell us it is working.
- It’s affordable and value-for-money.
- It has a directory – readers can find you quickly.
- We are unashamedly local and small to ensure that even the newest business can afford to advertise.
- It is know, valued and used by local people – many keep it by the phone.
- It has very high quality product values, editorial, design, print and production – “It’s very pickupable”.
- It consistently supports and champions local independent businesses, local community initiatives and charities.
- It is designed for readers to interact with every page – including editorial, regular features, puzzles, quizzes or jokes with a useful number section and a directory of advertisers.
- It’s quirky, contemporary and fun – “The little magazine with the big personality”.
- It’s been reliable and financially stable for over 8 years – supporting the local economy by paying its bills to local stationers, graphic artists, distributors, printers and providing a living to people resident in the district.